Money laundering risks are low on Goated due to the decentralized nature of the platform and the policy of deposits and withdrawals only being permitted from the same user wallet.
However, Goated may still take reasonable steps to establish the identity of any person to whom the service is to be provided. This is through:
- Collection and analysis of identity documents;
- Risk assessment of potential money laundering or terrorist financing by customers;
- Analysis of customer transaction behavior.
By accepting and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you accept that;
- Goated will do whatever verification checks we or third parties (including regulatory agencies) deem necessary to authenticate your identity and contact information (the "Checks").
- Goated reserves the right to use additional procedures and means to verify your identity when making deposits to your Goated account or making your withdrawals.
- In order to take part in one of the games provided by Goated, users must successfully register and open an account on the Goated website.
- The player needs to provide the following information during the registration process;
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Proof of identity - including but not limited to your passport information and photo ID
- Once all these data have been collected, Goated will perform a background check on the legitimacy of provided information and eligibility of the applicant.
Goated can at subsequent stages ask for additional information or identity and address verification including, but not limited to:
- Driving license
- National ID Card
- Utility Bill (less than 6 months old)
- Bank Statement (less than 6 months old)
In the event of a breach of the KYC policy, Goated reserves the sole right to deny any client's application and/or cancel continued supply of services without any comments or explanations to the customer.